Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Flip

I attempted to roll my hair in a flip after I washed it last night. It was doing its own thing. Some were just sticking straight out, some were upward, but none had a tight flip. I have seen other loc'd wearers sport this style and make it look great. What am I doing wrong? Do you have any suggestions?
I would have taken a picture of the mess that was suppose to be a flip, but I was trying so hard to do something with my hair that I was almost late for work.
It may have contributed to not fully drying. For the most part it was dry, but I think I felt a little moisture when I took out my rollers.
Well at least I got some overdue retightening done last night. I have a lot more to go, but I still feel like I accomplished something.

2 comments:

brunsli said...

I run into the same problem -- I spend all this time setting my hair, and then it's not quite dry enough when I have to take the rollers out. The funny thing is, locks were *supposed* to be low-maintenance, but when I see all of the lovely ladies with their sets, I have to try too!

Salkis Re said...

I used white perm rods for the set. Not very comfortable but they give a tight curl. I also add mousse to my hair and sometimes a ittle hairspray mixed with water for a lasting set.